FPC’s INDIGENOUS STRATEGY
Why an Indigenous Strategy is important to FPC
FPC is a successful First Nations owned and operated company that is fully committed to providing the best opportunities for Indigenous Peoples in Canada. Indigenous inclusion is viewed as a journey that will include plenty of learning and sharing of our best practices with other organizations and partnering with First Nation communities and agencies.
FPC is a full-member and in good standing with the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business ‘CCAB’ and Northeastern Alberta Aboriginal Business Association ‘NAABA’.
FPC’s Indigenous Strategy applies to all Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
- Direct training and employment.
- Subcontracting to local Indigenous businesses.
- Direct supply of materials.
- Joint venture partnerships or work agreements.
We understand that diversity and Indigenous inclusion not only affect the business, people and operations internally but also our customers, suppliers, and other external stakeholders.
It is our belief that Indigenous People offer unique attributes that contribute in important ways our business performance by:
- bringing unique decision-making processes to the workplace;
- sharing their traditional knowledge of lands and environmental stewardship; and,
- other characteristics that make their contribution to the workplace especially valuable.
Diversity guides our recruitment strategies, as we seek to develop a workforce with many different skill sets and perspectives. A diverse workforce provides us with a competitive edge and a more attractive workplace environment that encourage and welcome new ideas and innovations.
We are a unique First Nations owned company that is committed to making every effort to embrace and promote Indigenous inclusion, as part of an overarching strategy to build our networks and strengthen stakeholder relationships.